Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2/22/11 Just call a Mormon Momma

2/22/11 Just Call  A Mormon Momma 
     
     A few years ago I received a phone call from our schools' superintendent asking me to be on a committee and he later admitted to me that while he did invite other people not of my religion that he knew that if he wanted to get anything done, then all he had to do was call a mormon momma. I am certainly that, although I don't always get things done like I hope or like others do. I was flattered and tried to do my best.   It was nice to hear that he had that perspective about mormon women but not everyone does.  A year ago a long friend of mine told me he felt sorry for mormon women because they have kid after kid and then we are to old to do anything and that he thought I was waisting my life.    He is right about having child after child; I had 11 in 13 years.  Crazy huh?  Well,  It's true and their are some days that I question my sanity but mostly I am moving forward creating the life my Father in Heaven intended for me to have.
     When I was a child I heard of a family who had 10 children and I could not imagine it.  It seemed absurd to me.  How could you keep track of them?  How could you afford them?  I always thought I would have 4.  Maybe because that is what my parents had.  I became quite nervous about being a mother because I was so unsure of my ability.  There have been many prayers with the subject of motherhood in my life since that young age.
      My intention is to share a little of my mormon momma life.  I doubt I'll ever convince my friend that my life is not waisted but I hope to share a glimpse of it with you.  Thank you for joining me as I make this journey !!   

No comments:

Post a Comment